30 Years Experience Representing Clients Like You
Jules M. Haas
Phone: (212) 355-2575
Fax: (212) 751-5911
488 Madison Ave #1120
New York, New York 10022
Today, more than anything, Jules enjoys being successful on behalf of a client. "I enjoy helping clients resolve their legal issues successfully," he notes, "especially when things looked bad at the outset.”
His positive attitude and determination are a couple of things that helped Jules graduate in the top 10% of his class at New England School of Law in Boston where he also served on Law Review. While in college, Jules was the local winner in a national contest sponsored by the United Nations Association. That essay appears in the Congressional Record.
As a student, Jules enjoyed history, politics, English, political science, and learning about the workings of government. He was fortunate that his Grandfather Lew Haas - a New York City Alderman and the man responsible for passing legislation that required Manhattan taxis to display medallions - helped Jules gain a hands-on understanding of the local political machinery. That proximity to government led Jules to become involved with various political campaigns and, during law school, to work for a State Senator.
Among Jules' major accomplishments was opening his own law practice, serving on the staff of a NYC Councilperson and NYS Assemblyman, and being elected as a State Committee Member.
Jules enjoys the time it takes to work through the nuances of case details, uncovering the information that didn't initially seem obvious, understanding the process it takes to come to grips with things that can't be controlled, and most importantly hearing a happy client say, "Thanks, Jules."Career Highlights
- Started his own law practice in New York City in 1985
- Admitted to the New York State Bar in 1979
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States in 1982
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Admitted to the United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York University School of Law, New York: Attended Master of Laws Program (LL.M.) in taxation
- New England School of Law, Boston: JD degree, Cum Laude, top 10% of class, Dean's List, Winner of American Jurisprudence Award for excellence in Business Organizations
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York: B.A. in Social Science with a political science concentration, Dean's List
- Comment published in 13 New England Law Review 348 (1977), "Warner-Lambert Co v. FTC: The Possibilities and Limitations of Corrective Advertising"
- Essay published in the Congressional Record, May 22, 1973, "More Power to the United Nations: Should Nations Cede Some Sovereignty"
- Aide to a New York City Councilperson
- Aide to a New York State Assemblyman
Some problems are easy to solve – others, however, require lawyers. Especially in a highly regulated city like New York, it's always best, if you have (or think you might have) a legal problem, to at least consult with a lawyer to decide if you need one.
I am a New York City lawyer representing clients throughout the New York area. I enjoy being successful on behalf of a client. I provide my clients with legal representation in various areas of law including real estate, trusts and estates, probate, estate planning, business law and guardianship proceedings. I'll work hard to help you resolve your legal issues successfully – especially if things looked bad at the outset. I enjoy working through the nuances of case detail, uncovering something that didn't initially seem obvious and coming to grips with things that can't be controlled so that I can hear a happy client say, "Thank you so much Jules."
Do you need a lawyer or have any questions? Contact me by phone at (212) 355-2575 or by e-mail.